Spine injuries can be extremely serious and even life-altering. If you want to regain the maximum possible range of motion while reducing pain and discomfort, you should seek out appropriate care as soon as possible.
Marco Island spine injury treatment from Naples Community Injury Center can help you take back control of your life. We work with patients to figure out the best ways to treat their specific injuries. Call (239) 631-5445 to get started now.
What Spine Injuries Do We Treat?
Naples Community Injury Center is prepared to help Marco Island patients with a wide range of spine injuries caused by any number of accidents or conditions. We offer treatment for:
- Herniated discs: The disc is a small “cushion” that prevents your vertebrae from grinding together. If any of the discs become misaligned, you could experience pain at the injury site that prevents you from moving freely.
- Spinal cord injuries: Such injuries could damage the nerves, leading to paralysis starting at the injury site. It may or may not be possible for you to fully recover from a spinal cord injury, but we want to help you improve as much as possible.
- Bone fractures: Cleveland Clinic states that physical therapy can be an effective way to help you regain strength after breaking one or more vertebrae. More serious cases may require surgery.
- Car accident injuries: Whether you were a driver, a passenger, or a pedestrian, car accidents can do serious damage to your spine. This is especially true if you were hit by a very large vehicle (e.g., a truck) or if you had relatively little protection (e.g., you were riding a bicycle).
- Workplace injuries: According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), slipping and falling is a common workplace injury. Depending on your job, you could also be at risk of being crushed by equipment, straining yourself by lifting heavy objects, or getting involved in a motor vehicle accident.
- Sports injuries: Playing sports is a great way to stay active, but one wrong move (a tackle, a blow to the head) could have severe consequences.
Each of these types of injuries will present differently, cause different symptoms, and require different treatment regimes. We understand that no two injuries—and no two patients—are created equal.
When you seek treatment from Naples Community Injury Center, you get to work with a team that understands many injury types and can offer a wide range of treatments.
We Offer Personalized Spine Injury Treatment
The most important thing we do for our patients is offer care that caters to their specific needs and goals. Here is how we work:
First, We Diagnose Your Condition
The only way we can provide a safe and effective treatment is by figuring out where your pain comes from. We do this by:
- Making an appointment for you to come to our office at your earliest convenience
- Asking you many questions about how your injury happened, what symptoms you have experienced, and what treatments you have undergone
- Ordering tests, such as x-rays or MRIs, that we feel may help us come to a definitive diagnosis
We encourage our clients to be completely honest with us as we assess their condition. We are not here to judge you: all we want is to acquire a thorough understanding of your situation so we can provide you with the best possible treatment.
Next, We Devise a Plan
As soon as we arrive at a diagnosis, we will invite you back to our office to discuss the results. We know how upsetting it can be to receive a new diagnosis of any kind, so our team will:
- Be kind and courteous as we explain our findings
- Provide great detail about all of the treatment options we feel are appropriate
- Address any and all questions you have about the condition or treatment options
Only after this point will we start applying any treatment. Our team will, of course, advise you about which options we feel will work best, but it is ultimately your decision—and we will support you no matter what.
Then, We Implement the Plan
Your treatment may require months’ worth of appointments, or you may be able to complete treatment in only one or two sessions. We can estimate how long your treatment will take during the planning stage.
Our team will monitor you carefully as you receive your treatment. We can:
- Ask you how you feel and if you have any questions as you proceed with treatment
- Encourage you to call us with any concerns you have
- Recommend ways to deal with bothersome side effects
- Adjust or discontinue a treatment if it is not working for you or if the side effects are too serious
Finally, We Assess the Results
At a certain point, our patients will achieve maximum medical improvement (MMI). This does not necessarily mean the patient is “cured.” Rather, it is the point at which:
- Your current treatment regimen has done all it can to help you improve
- Continuing with that treatment will not benefit you in any appreciable way
- You are ready to move on to the next steps
Once you hit MMI, you have several options. If you feel good and are satisfied with the results, you can go about your life as you did before. If you are still in pain, we can work with you to recommend another course of treatment that may provide additional relief.
Why Choose Chiropractic Care for Spine Injuries?
Chiropractic care and physiotherapy can offer you many benefits with fewer side effects than other treatment types. If you suffered a spine injury on Marco Island, you may want to consider chiropractic care if:
You Want to Avoid More Radical Treatments
Some spine injuries do require surgery or even multiple surgeries. For less serious injuries, though, you could see positive results through chiropractic treatment and avoid:
- The risks of anesthesia and surgery
- The long convalescence that comes with surgery
- Taking strong medications that could damage your organs after long-term use
If your spine injury occurred due to a chronic condition, such as osteoporosis, we can help reduce the disease’s symptoms and even slow its progression. This way, you would continue to remain mobile and avoid more radical treatment options for longer.
You Want to Recover From Radical Treatment Faster
If you do end up requiring surgery, you could still benefit from chiropractic treatment and physiotherapy. We can adjust our treatment methods as we go along, making them as slow and gentle as you need to:
- Recover strength, flexibility, and range of motion after surgery or a long period of inactivity
- Prevent serious scar tissue or stiffness, as well as minimize pain
- Attain maximum medical improvement sooner than you would have without such treatments
Our team can even get in touch with your surgeon or primary physician and coordinate your treatment with them. By creating a “united front,” we can all come closer to achieving our goal: to help you feel as well as possible, as fast as possible.
You Want Long-Term Solutions
Taking pain medication might alleviate symptoms, but it does not address the root of the problem. For example, if you suffered a herniated disc by improperly lifting heavy objects at work, pain relievers may allow you to go back to work, but they cannot treat the herniation or teach you methods for preventing future injuries.
At Naples Community Injury Center, our team works with each patient to design a treatment plan that will make them healthier—not just today or tomorrow, but for many years to come.
Our Patients Appreciate Our Treatment and Care
Nothing is more important to us than making sure our patients go home feeling physically better and emotionally satisfied with their treatment experience. Here is what some of our patients have to say about us:
- “It is frightening being injured in an accident. Everyone made my Grandson and myself feel like we were their only patients and how important our care was.” – Mary Ann Marsello
- “I went to them for 3 months after a car accident, immediately they went to work on my back and shoulders. By the time I had finished Therapy, they relieved the pain to such an extent I could function in every day life.” – Philip Rich
- “I can’t say enough about the care I have been receiving at NCIC. From the first moment I walked in the door I was treated like I was the most important person.” – Allison Bennett
If you suffered a spine injury in Marco Island, we want to provide you with the same compassionate, professional treatment we give to all of our patients. The sooner you get started, the sooner you can start living the life you want to live.
Begin Your Marco Island Spine Injury Treatment Today
Naples Community Injury Center proudly serves Marco Island and other South Florida communities. By calling us at (239) 631-5445, you take the first step in your spine injury treatment journey—a journey that ends with you being able to enjoy life once again. Contact us today so we can start helping you live better.