Whether you suffer from whiplash, joint pain, or cardiovascular issues, these health conditions can take a toll on your health and well-being. However, you can combat these hardships through physiotherapy.
At Naples Community Injury Center, we offer Marco Island physiotherapy services that aim to maintain, restore, and improve your motor functions. To get started on a journey toward feeling better, set up your first appointment with our office by calling (239) 631-5445 today.
Physiotherapy Treatments We Offer to Our Marco Island Patients
When you come to our office, you can expect our medical team to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. We offer several treatment options depending on the type, location, and severity of the injury.
Physiotherapy treatments we offer include the following:
Electrical stimulation is a physiotherapy treatment used to help treat pain and increase mobility. Applying this electrical current aims to strengthen muscles, block pain signals, and increase blood circulation.
Common medical conditions people receive in electrical stimulation treatments include back pain, muscle weakness, or tendonitis. When you come to an electrical stimulation therapy session at Naples Community Injury Center, you can expect the following:
- Our physiotherapists can place electrodes on the parts of your body where you experience pain or discomfort. We can connect these to our electrical stimulation machine.
- You shouldn’t experience pain during the session but might feel tingling at the site where our physical therapists placed the electrodes.
- Our physical therapist might continue to increase the electrical stimulation signals until it provides a strong sensation but without pain.
- At times, you could feel uncomfortable during the procedure. It’s important to note that it should never hurt. If you experience pain during the treatment session, notify the medical professional administering the therapy.
When you receive electrical stimulation treatments at our therapy clinic, we can continue to monitor your pain or wound. Then, if you need further treatments, we can add the longevity and frequency of treatments to your plan.
Massage therapy is an important aspect of a physiotherapy treatment plan. However, before starting massage therapy treatments, it is important to receive a proper medical evaluation to diagnose the injury. Something more serious could cause the pain, and medical professionals need to rule that out before providing treatments.
Massage therapy has many benefits for people who experience pain or have sustained injuries. Some of them include the following:
- Speeds up recovery time: Because massage therapy helps increase blood flow and reduces inflammation, it can promote faster healing.
- Reduces pain: By easing muscle tension and promoting relaxation, therapeutic massages can help reduce pain. When manipulating different areas of the body, the massage therapist can release knots or tight muscles. This can lower inflammation and improve the range of motion in those areas.
- Personalized massages: A massage therapist can personalize the treatment they provide based on exactly what you need to recover. If your main issue is your lower back pain, they can focus on massaging that area to promote healing and loosen muscle tension.
- Boosts the immune system: Massage therapy sessions can stimulate the production of white blood cells, which boosts the immune system. White blood cells can also fight against infections and future injuries.
Our massage therapists can provide quality therapies that can help improve your injury and lessen the pain you experience.
Spinal manipulation is a technique where our medical care providers use their hands or tools to apply a controlled thrust to a spinal joint. Our chiropractors typically administer spinal manipulation treatments. Common conditions in which patients benefit from spinal manipulation treatments include lower back pain, neck pain, headaches, and sciatica.
A chiropractor can exert a force that causes the joint to move further than it would on its own. By doing this, it can help reduce pain in that area. The Naples Community Injury Center chiropractors are highly trained and can use various spinal manipulation techniques to reduce pain.
Gait training is a physiotherapy treatment we offer at our injury clinic for people who need to improve their ability to stand or walk. If you have sustained an injury or developed an illness that affects your mobility, our medical team could recommend you undergo gait training.
Gait training can help in the following ways:
- Strengthen muscles and joints
- Improve balance
- Develop a stronger muscle memory
- Increase mobility while lowering the risk of falls
These benefits could help avoid dealing with other injuries or illnesses related to low physical activity.
Resistance training aims to boost muscle strength and help alleviate the pain you experience. Our team of physiotherapists can show you exercises that can increase your mobility without further risk of injury. Different forms of resistance therapy include:
- Free weights
- Weight machines
- Resistance bands
- Body weight
You could meet with our physical therapists weekly or more based on the pain you experience and your goals.
Physiotherapy Can Help Patients Recover From Various Injuries
At Naples Community Injury Center, our goal is to help you heal after sustaining an injury or dealing with pain. The Marco Island physiotherapy services we offer can provide relief regardless of the severity or cause of your pain.
We can assess your condition and give you a diagnosis so we can provide the proper treatment plan. Our physiotherapy providers can help you get back to doing activities you love. Common injuries we see include musculoskeletal injuries, cardiorespiratory injuries, and neurological injuries.
When someone deals with chronic pain in their muscles or joints, they have found success with our musculoskeletal physiotherapy treatments. These treatments are beneficial when someone has dealt with the following kinds of injuries:
- Broken bones or fractures
- Back pain
Our medical care providers can provide information on the kinds of treatments you could receive based on the severity and location of your injury. The World Health Organization (WHO) states that musculoskeletal disorders are the leading cause of disability. Therefore, it is important to receive proper physiotherapy services to increase mobility and decrease the chances of having a permanent disability.
The team at Naples Community Injury Center provides cardiac physiotherapy treatments to those who have suffered from a cardiac event, such as angina, heart attack, or heart failure. We can also give care to those who have recently received a pacemaker.
Many of our patients suffer from a cardiovascular or respiratory disease. Cardiorespiratory therapy works to reduce shortness of breath and persistent coughing and increase your exercise abilities. These treatments also aim to improve cardiovascular function, which could help someone live a healthier and more active life.
Neurological injuries typically involve the brain, spinal cord, or other nerves in the body. When someone suffers damage to these body parts, it could significantly limit their mobility and even cause permanent injury, leaving them immobile below the injury site. However, there are several therapy techniques to increase mobility by teaching the brain to re-learn the movements.
Neurological treatments we can provide at Naples Community Injury Center include the following:
- Weight-supported treadmill training: Restoring the ability to walk is one of the primary goals of rehabilitation. Body weight-supported treadmill training is a method to retrain the brain to know the walking movement. A doctor can support the patient with a harness that reduces the weight on their feet.
- Constraint-induced aphasia therapy: When someone sustains a neurological injury, they could struggle to speak. Constraint-induced asphasia therapy is an intensive therapy model that forces the patient to only communicate through oral language.
- Constraint-induced movement therapy: A scientifically supported method of rehabilitation for the upper extremities for people with neurological injuries. It can help strengthen the injured muscles by repetitive movements with the injured limb while not allowing the patient to use the uninjured limb.
When you work with our team, we can provide various therapies if you’ve sustained a neurological injury.
Start Your Marco Island Physiotherapy With Naples Community Injury Center Today
Experiencing chronic pain can affect every aspect of your life. For example, you could miss out on enjoying leisure activities you love or feel pain while doing chores around the house. At Naples Community Injury Center, our team can prescribe an effective treatment plan to help you go on with your life without having to deal with constant pain.
Get in touch with us today at (239) 631-5445 to schedule an appointment. Our doctors can develop a plan personalized just for you. Calling us is the first step to managing your pain. Living with less pain can increase your quality of life and ability to do the things you love.